Recent Posts

Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Truth suffers, but never dies"

The title of the post is just one of the myriad of quotes by the incredible St. Teresa of Avila who is truly one of Christ's greatest saints! Today is the Church's memorial of this extraordinary Church doctor, mystic, reformer, founder, virgin and poet!


Photobucket Photobucket


Christ has no body now but yours
No hands, no feet on earth but yours
Yours are the eyes through which He lookscompassion on this world
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.


Photobucket

"Be gentle to all and stern with yourself."

Photobucket Photobucket

"It is love alone that gives worth to all things."

Photobucket

Prayer to Redeem Lost Time

O my God! Source of all mercy! I acknowledge Your sovereign power. While recalling the wasted years that are past, I believe that You, Lord, can in an instant turn this loss to gain. Miserable as I am, yet I firmly believe that You can do all things. Please restore to me the time lost, giving me Your grace, both now and in the future, that I may appear before You in "wedding garments. Amen.


Photobucket

"Untilled soil, however fertile it may be, will bear thistles and thorns; and so it is with man's mind."

0 comments:

Post a Comment